Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pad See Ew

I decided to try the Pad See Ew the other night....vegetarian-style. I simply had egg in the fridge, and I guess I made this to end my curiosity of the traditional Pad See Ew flavour combinations.


2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
11/2 tablespoons kecap manis
1 tablespoon caster sugar
3 eggs
200g 2-minute noodles, cooked following packet directions and drained (without flavouring)
white pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons fish sauce
  1. Heat your wok over medium–high heat.
  2. Add the oil and, when hot, stir-fry the garlic.
  3. Add the soy sauce, kecap manis and the sugar.
  4. Add the noodles and stir to combine. Make a hole in the middle of the noodles and crack in the eggs. Cook for a minute, scraping the eggs with a spatula every few seconds to break them up.
  5. Add fish sauce and season with white pepper. Serve.

1 comment: