Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Middle Eastern-Style Offal with Tomato Sauce

I won't lie. I didn't taste any of this, but was happy to prepare and cook it. It's just not my thing.

But.....I was assured it was delicious! Mission accomplished.



1 lamb liver, chopped
1 lamb heart, trimmed and chopped
4 bay leaves
3 Tbs olive oil
10 tsp minced garlic (you could use less if need be)
2 onions, chopped roughly
(I also added two small potatoes, peeled and semi-steamed, as I had them in my pantry)
1 420g diced tomato
4 Tbs tomato paste
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
steamed rice, to serve

Spices - use to your preferred taste
Cinnamon
Ground coriander
Paprika
Turmeric
Cardamom
Cumin

Boil a pot of water to the boil with all the listed spices included (quantities to your liking). Add liver, heart and bay leaves. Turn heat to medium and boil for approximately 10 minutes. Strain and put aside.

Meanwhile, heat oil in pot or pan. Add garlic, onion, spices (preferred amounts of each) and potato. Stir fry until onions become opaque. Add meat, stir. Pour in diced tomato and paste. Season. Simmer until sauce thickens. Serve with Arabic bread.

Liver.


Trimmed heart.

Boiling the offal.


Onion, spices, garlic and boiled offal.

...added tomato and paste.




No comments:

Post a Comment